Cajun Canvas is joining the cause by donating a portion of the proceeds from three of our February classes to the Charlotte American Heart Association Go Red For Women movement.
Please check out this information, then see what we have going on to benefit this worthy cause.
Thank you and……DID YOU KNOW?
- Cardiovascular diseases and stroke cause 1 in 3 women’s deaths each year, killing approximately one woman every 80 seconds.
- An estimated 44 million women in the U.S. are affected by cardiovascular diseases.
- 90% of women have one or more risk factors for heart disease or stroke.
- Women have a higher lifetime risk of stroke than men.
- 80% of heart disease and stroke events may be prevented by lifestyle changes and education
- Fewer women than men survive their first heart attack.
- The symptoms of heart attack can be different in women vs. men, and are often misunderstood – even by some physicians.
- Women who are involved with the Go Red For Women movement live healthier lives.
- When you get involved in supporting Go Red For Women by advocating, fundraising and sharing your story, more lives are saved.
Information was taken from the goredforwomen.org site.
Please visit http://charlottencgoredluncheon.heart.org for more information
February fundraiser classes:
Click the links below to get more info and register for these events.